Installation Instructions for iPhone, iPod touch, & iPad
iPhone™, iPod® touch, & iPad™ Instructions
You have been provided access to Lexicomp software for your handheld device. To access your software, please use the following instructions and make a note of the preauthorized purchase code for future reference.
Step 1 - Add Subscription to Your Account
- Visit http://myaccount.lexi.com/addProduct.jsp.
- You must register with your organizational e-mail address.
- If you don't have an account with your organizational e-mail address you need to create one. Click on the Create Account button to create your new Lexicomp account. Enter your registration information and product code (provided by your oganization) and click Submit. You will need this email and password again during step 2 of these instructions to sign into your account on your phone.
- If you have an account, enter your email, password and product code and click Submit.
- If you forgot your password, enter your email and use the Forgot Password link or visit the password reset page.
- Once you receive a successful activation message, follow the steps below to install the app on your device.
Step 2 - Installation
Renewing / Demo Customers - if you already have the Lexicomp On-Hand application installed and registered you DO NOT have to perform a reinstallation. Please ensure you have the latest version of the 'Lexicomp' application, and skip to steps 9-11 (below).
- Tap on the App Store icon (directly on the device).
- Tap on Search, type Lexicomp, and tap Search again.
- Select Lexicomp from the list.
- Tap Free, then Install, and enter your iTunes password (if prompted) and tap OK.
- Tap on the Lexicomp application on your device.
- Please read and accept the license agreement.
- Enter your email and password (these are what you used above in Step 1 when adding your products to your account on the Lexicomp website) and tap Sign In. If you forgot your password, enter your email and use the Forgot Password link.
- Before you can begin accessing your subscription, the databases need to be downloaded.
- Within the Update tab, place check marks next to the databases you wish to install, or tap the Select All button and then tap Update.
- After the update is complete, tap the Library tab.
- Select a database and begin accessing your Lexicomp On-Hand subscription.
- You may receive a "Subscription Expired" message within the next 30 days. This is only alerting you that the 30-day trial subscription you downloaded initially has expired. Your subscription has not expired and will continue to function.
- The Lexicomp On-Hand application for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad requires a strong cellular or Wi-Fi signal for installation. The application may transfer a significant amount of data, which could result in charges from your carrier. We recommend that you utilize an unlimited data plan or connect to a Wi-Fi network when installing or updating this product. Please contact your carrier for assistance with your data plan or with utilizing a Wi-Fi connection.
- The Lexicomp On-Hand software for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad requires OS 5.0 or later. To verify you have a compatible version, tap on SETTINGS > GENERAL > ABOUT. If you have an earlier version, please update your device through iTunes before continuing.
- The Lexicomp On-Hand software for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad requires an iTunes account. If you do not have an iTunes account, please visit: http://www.apple.com/itunes/ to create one.